Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 13... Little Blue Planet...

This morning ... this painfully early morning, I was heading off to a Board Meeting. It was about 7:00 am, which at this time of year I guess pretty much means sunrise. The sky on the eastern horizon was ablaze in an amazing pink. Hot pink clouds. What a spectacle it was. It got me to thinking of all the moments I have had where nature has shown me her best, where my little blue planet became so very precious to me. Of course, it always is, but how often do I stop in my day to contemplate my gratitude for the beauty that surrounds me. How often do you?

Sometimes I look out my back door (big window kind) after a snow storm and the big pine tree across the lane looks like it belongs on a post card.

I remember once, sitting on the rock at Winnetou Lake, in a lotus position (right? lotus? legs crossed like a yoga thing?) .. the sun was slightly to the right facing me. It was reflecting off the lake and I was surrounded by this amazing light. It was a spiritual moment. I'm not religious by any stretch of the imagination - but at that moment I felt I knew God.

Anywhere in the Rockies is always a moment next to God. I spent last Thanksgiving in Canmore, Alberta. It cured me of what I imagine was a depressive episode, or menopause, or burnout.. take your pick, I'm still not sure what was up. But those mountains fixed it! They take my breath away.

I love moments like that. Like this morning with it's pink fairy sky. It was breathtaking. It gives me a sense of being connected to something much greater, to something beautiful and meaningful.

I'm grateful for having had the privilege to experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment