Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 8 ... a long time in the making...

Today (and this last week) is and has been a frenzy of activity. Honey is turning 50 and he is getting a party. I have been cooking like a crazy person because for whatever reason, I didn't have the party catered. I still don't know why.. but there you go. I am now resting after making at least 70 Shrimp and Green Onion pancakes! Maybe more.

There's been a lot of running around getting the things that I know make him happy. Planning and organizing many little surprises. Can you say exhausted?! :-)

I've been taking a lot of time to make this celebration happen and one thing I take from all this... I really love my husband. After twenty years I love our relationship, I love how we like many of the same things. Ya we bicker sometimes. Ya we get on each others' nerves from time to time. But I love how we are there for each other, how we've grown together and continue to do so. I love it. And yes, of course, I'm grateful.

I'll be real grateful if my back and body don't give out on me before the end of the fun tomorrow night!

I am also truly grateful for all the words of love and tribute coming through for Honey... what loveliness.

And finally - cause I hear the oven bell ringing ... I'm grateful that at 50, and after 20 years together, he, we, find ourselves happy, content, excited, and very much in love.

1 comment: