Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1 - Clouds in my coffee

Okay so it's day 1. The official Day 1 of 2010, MMX. My resolution for this year, which came as a flash of insight with my morning cup of coffee, is that I am going to practice the fine art of gratitude for an entire year. Every day I will post something I am grateful for. This will be good for me.

So this morning, this morning-after-the-night-before, I am awake and finding some time to be alone as my Honey is still asleep upstairs. I decide to make my coffee in my Mooka, rather than the two people Moka we usually use.

This Mooka is a gift from our dear friends down the road. They spent a month in Italy this fall and brought it back as a gift. I love it! It makes a cappuccino with my soy milk giving me a wonderful frothy cup of coffee. Sometimes I have trouble using it. I don't screw on the mechanism that foams the milk just right, or I put in too much water and it over flows, or pack the coffee too tight and the water doesn't get through. Sometimes it sounds like an airplane about to take off, sometimes the water sputters and we don't get a full cup. It's a finicky little machine and I still haven't figured it all out.

But this morning, all the stars were aligned - and I got the perfect cup of coffee, with perfect foam floating in my cup, looking like a scoop of ice cream, or a cloud. It was perfect! And I am grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Interestingly enough I was given a personal tea steeper that doubles as a travel cup that I will start with today too. I am grateful for you Heidi for always challenging me to think ...just a little more!

    ReplyDelete