Friday, February 26, 2010

February 26 ... TGIF and Life

Hi everyone. Happy Friday. While my week was not stressful at all, and I am feeling content and happy, I still like the feeling of a Friday night. We're having fresh pasta and a nice little bottle of red tonight... how about you?

I'm grateful. Why? Well I'm glad you asked. I'm reflecting on my gratitude because this Friday night dinner thing with Honey is now twenty years old and you know what, I still look forward to it. Nice chillin' music, nice meal, time to connect, tonight will probably involve more Olympics, but it will all be niceness. After twenty years. I'm really grateful.

I remember when I started this blog. A friend of mine wrote - considering the very real alternative, being alive is something to be grateful for - something like that. What I take from that is I ought to be grateful to be alive. Well ya. And in thinking about that today I thought.. geez do you ever really contemplate that? Contemplate being grateful to be alive. Grateful for life. It seems so big of a thing to be grateful for. Seems so obvious, but when you think about that what do you come up with? I don't know if I'm making any sense. It seems almost flippant - ya ya I'm grateful I'm alive - but what might "being" grateful that you're alive be like? How does that express itself? I would imagine it (the gratitude for life) expresses itself in me really living my life. Being present to it. Not being complacent. Appreciating and noticing. Noticing the smell and colour and texture of life. Living with gratitude. Living gratefully. Sounds simple enough. Try it.


No comments:

Post a Comment