Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 28 .... authenticity

Today, I find myself struggling with authenticity. Especially here. I got some wonderful and valuable feedback about what I share in this space from several of you. What I have heard has been echoing my own sentiments. So I'm conflicted, but I'm learning. My intention was to reflect on gratitude, daily, for a year. Because I am stubborn, I will hold myself to this task. But maybe the "task" is not to necessarily "be" grateful - so I don't have to make stuff up, or pretend that I'm grateful for I don't know - let's say an Olympic Gold in Hockey... that's not what I want to be grateful for. Am I making any sense? The task is to reflect .. and if that reflection doesn't bring up something I might find myself grateful for .. well that says something in and of itself, doesn't it?

So with an open, honest heart I say to you... I am really grateful for the connections and relationships I have where the people that love me are open, honest, invested in me and I in them. That we can exchange without threat or malice, instead with love and good intention, with a wish for growth. That we can offer each other the room to be different one from the other and appreciate that, and learn from it. That's why I'm here. That's why I'm here here - in this marriage, in these friendships, in this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment