Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1 .... a pebble in the pond...

I had in mind to share a story about my kids today. It was meant to speak to my gratitude for the relationship with my young, pregnant daughter. Somehow, a conversation I had with her today changed my mind, although not about my gratefulness...

She had a visitor over the last few days, a girl she had become friends with while working on a Cruise ship about a year or so ago. Their relationship has continued despite them no longer working together and living in different cities. So on a drive together, her friend began to cry about her circumstance and hardship, shared her suffering with my daughter.

My daughter, explaining this to me, said "I wanted to help, you know. So I used your gratitude thing..."

I don't know what to say, I am beaming... and grateful.

This practice of gratitude is like a pebble in a pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment