Monday, March 29, 2010

March 29 ... I'm perfect just the way I am .. we all are...

Hi there. Today is going to be easy. Well... I take that back because I will own a bit of shame first. My good friend Ilze sent me the link below (small blue line)with a note that said "Having a bad day?" When I first started watching it I didn't feel good. It made me uncomfortable. I didn't want to watch. The sound wasn't working, I was grateful.

For what ever reason, I went back to it about an hour later, got my earphones out, and paid some mindful attention. It left me feeling ashamed of my first reaction, there you have it.

I thank this Nick person. I don't know what happened to him. I know as I watched all the young teenage girls crying in the audience that he was saying something very important. He is grateful. Go figure. He says he doesn't understand girls with eating disorders, or people who stop living because of their home life. Add to that list addiction, self-mutilation, self-hate... He says we are all perfect just the way we are. He says ya his life is hard, but he loves living it, he is happy, it's not a girl's hand he is going to hold, it's her heart. He tries everything. He is a motivational speaker.

Jesus Christ some days I have trouble getting out of bed. I want to complain about how exhausted I am, how my back hurts, I whine, make excuses for doing not very much, get miserable and caught up in drama, and it's not that I should de-legitimize my aches and pains but really, I have it easy.

So thank you Nick. Thank you for showing me the true resilience of the human spirit, thanks for showing me what gratitude is really all about.

Here is the unedited link.. I'm still not good with the HTML programing.



No comments:

Post a Comment