Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 9 ... Woman's Day (+1)

I would like to express my very deep gratitude to all women, on whose shoulders I stand, that have made it possible for me to express myself the way that I do, to make the choices I feel free to make, to make the money I am happy to be making, to vote, to love, to disagree. I want to express my gratitude to all the women whom I love, who love me back; who support me in my endeavors; who listen to me when I cry, when I laugh, when I worry, when I rant. I want to express my gratitude to all my teachers, you know who you are, for your patience, wisdom, friendship, and grace. I want to express my gratitude to all my women friends who share their lives with me, who share their jokes with me, who walk this path with me. I want to express my gratitude to the women who have died, who once taught me, nurtured me, challenged me, raised me, embraced me, and insisted I stand tall. I want to express my gratitude to my daughters, who continue to learn about being a woman and make me proud everyday.

I am grateful. Happy Woman's Day.

I realize this should have been posted yesterday... appropriately I was in the throes of hormonal upheaval yesterday.. not fit to write, let alone to remember what day it was. My apologies... the sentiment expressed today however, remains the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment