Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13 .. remembrance..

Tomorrow is the 12 year anniversary of the death of Hannelore Gleiss. She was one of the bevy of women my dad had a relationship with, except that she was the first after my mom, and probably lasted longer than any other relationship besides the marriage to my mother. So I knew her, and she knew me, and even after my dad left her, we remained close. I called her my step-mother, took care of her in her dieing days, she doted on my kids, we celebrated Christmases together... we were family.

Hannelore used to keep track of the details of my life. She would know when, where, what and with who. She knew more about me than my own parents did. She knew when I had exams, tests, presentations, my parents never invested themselves, she insisted on it.

I miss Hannelore. I miss the attention, the companionship, the family.

I am very grateful to have had her in my life.

RIP Honey Bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment