Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 18 .... praying for good things...

Well the world is a little upside down it seems.

One of my best friends is going in the hospital for a major surgery tomorrow morning. I know she and her husband are afraid, worried, and trying to deal with a host of other issues, not the least of which is her mother being ill. Sometimes the universe really throws some nasty-ass curve balls.

Young pregnant daughter is having a huge drama... a dear friend of hers has suddenly fallen seriously ill - is hospitalized, leaving boyfriend's work in jeopardy, a lot of stress in the household. She has but a few weeks left of the pregnancy and things seem very precarious around her. We talk often. I hate this geographic distance between us because I would so love to be there, give a lending hand in whatever capacity, steady the rocky boat....

While middle daughter's work life grows new challenges are arising in taking care of her son. However her family that she has worked so hard to build and shore up, is rising to the occasion and they really are responding as a team. Beautiful. And then they are moving as well in 12 days...

Lots of stuff going on. I am actually grateful that I feel ok enough to respond to my friend and family in a way that is helpful. They reach out to me when they know I need it, I can also be there for them when they call out. I am grateful when all our connectedness really shows itself. I really feel a part of something bigger. Ya, like a family. Hmm...

A shout out to Canmore.... I'm praying for you all. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment