Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 8 ... apologies and dolphins

Well it was bound to happen. I didn't post yesterday - for the first time since January 1. So now that it's out of the way... onward to gratitude.

This morning's cup of coffee, out on the balcony, relaxing, it's already 78 degrees... and all of a sudden a school (a school? herd? gang?) of dolphins passes by! There are at least 10 of them, frolicking and playing. I run down to the beach to watch, they are clearly enjoying themselves, catching waves, bumping each other playfully, putting on a show for the rest of us. I WISH I would have gotten a picture... I am so grateful for having witnessed them.

The ocean with it's ebb and flow, in breath out breath in breath out breath... and yet, when you're playing in the waves, it's immense, powerful, reminding me of my smallness, and I'm grateful - because for me it makes me humble. I have a great respect for Mother Earth and I believe that respect gets rewarded with a wonderful display of dolphins.

No comments:

Post a Comment