Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 13 ... in the woods...

We got up early today and headed to the Laurentians for a cycle in Morin Heights. It started off kind of shaky... so after wiping out in the first 5 minutes, (no real harm done sort of), and finding my own private bathroom in the woods (I don't think I have EVER done that!! God Help Me) ... we finally got underway and had a fantastic 50 km ride. Ireland, we're getting ready for you! I feel great.

We went from Morin Heights to Lac des Seize Iles, through something called Le Corridor Aerobique. It was beautiful, difficult, wonderful! Much of the way looks like a place they might have filmed the Hobbit. Moss covered stones, brooks and waterfalls, small lakes all along. I was so thrilled when we came upon Lac des Seize Iles. It's a part of the country-side that is burned into memory -we have driven there so many times, it's on the way to Winnetou. It's a lake I have always wanted to get to know. The picnic lunch was awesome. And while the ride back - up most of a mountain to start was arduous, there is something so rewarding for me to know that my body can indeed cooperate. I feel great, whooped, and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment