Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 17 .... Welcome Little Souls...

I witnessed an ancient, Jewish ritual today. I went to watch a little boy get circumcised. It was my first time meeting Little Henry, hearing his name, which was chosen to honour the memory of his late Grandmother Helen. Helen would have been a Bubby. Her presence was felt, undeniable, comforting.

Oh my God Henry is beautiful. His head fit into the cup of my hand. He has a shock of hair that is in fact, shocking! A perfect nose, a perfect face. So beautiful - and looks just like his dad. It was emotional, and wonderful, and sad, and joyful. I feel blessed to be a part of this family. I feel blessed with this new addition on Honey's side. Little Henry is bringing a lot of joy to this family.

That being said, I CAN'T WAIT to see Levi!! Next Friday! He will get a tummy rub from Grandma Heidi for sure. I can't wait to hold him, soothe him, truth be told, be soothed by him. I can't wait to see my daughter, the young woman now - she's a mother. Much feeling and emotion today. Much blessing.

Welcome little Souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment