Thursday, June 24, 2010

June 24.... out of the blue..

Howdy. So, after a full day of work I am on vacation for 10 days. I am leaving in the morning for a trip to Canmore to see Peanut and family including new baby Levi .. and the Rockies. I could stop right there because God knows that's enough to be grateful about! However...

When I got home, I knew I had to do the bank run, and offered Honey to do a run to the grocery store - not wanting to leave him with an empty fridge and all. Well.. as most of us, or some of us, understood, the stores are all closed today.. oops. Oh well, I guess he will get what he needs and wants without me. All good.

So we do that bank run anyway - and then we stop at the local Louisianan place called Lucille's. We shared a bunch of pints, Calamari, and Ribs.. and I'm happy and sated, and totally grateful for the spontaneity of it all. I didn't like the idea of leaving here for ten days and being happier about leaving than I was about arriving. It's not a good place to be. So here is my gratitude for out of the blue decisions, fun, having Ireland dealt with, laughing together, allowing things to happen...... things don't always have to be a shit storm, do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment