Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 8 ... of men and hair...

I went to see S today. She is my lovely hair consultant. I consult with her on my hair, and she does what she wants. Very much most of the time I come away happy. The times that I don't I am beginning to realize it's not about her. I keep demanding that she make me look younger, thinner, hipper, not like an old woman from the burbs (eeek!!!)  you can do that with my little bit of hair can't you???  We spend a lot of time laughing together. Today seemed sadder. It didn't help that I'm PMSing. Anyhow all that to say we got on to the subject of our respective men.

I need to share something with you S. You must take what I say with a grain of salt - as clearly, like I explained, I'm no expert on the subject. Dear beautiful S, you deserve so much. One doesn't need to spend a lot of time with you to know that you are one of those true spirits, those pure ones, the ones without malice. You are caring, responsible, fuuuuuuunny. You don't deserve to suffer, even less to suffer in silence. And truth be told, with regard to our subject matter, none of us do - deserve that. But it's the very few of us who can talk about it, who can make choices to change things, who can step up and respect themselves enough to do just that. I doubt that I lead by example, but I talk about it. I talk about it a lot. I know you have too. No one will think any less of you for putting yourself first. Do it cleanly, honourably, honestly ... I promise there will be great rewards for you to reap.

What's this got to do with gratitude? I am grateful I know a pure a heart as you. Thank you .... not so sure about the cut though, it looks a little "burby" to me. :-) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment