Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 8 .... aging gracefully?

I have a confession to make. Maybe confession is too strong a word - because anyone standing very close to me might maybe notice what I'm about to confess. Ok.. here it is: I have a - yes "a" - beard hair that grows on my chin. It's the thing I stroke when I feel like being Sigmund Freud. I yank it out every three to four weeks. So in my head, that's not actually so bad.

I used to have a friend, who was pretty much older than me, that had hair growing on her nipple! Jesus Christ! She told me this - that's how I know! But serisously - on my nipple??? That might be the jump off a bridge moment for me, I don't know.

I won't go into "hair creep" in other areas.... let's just not go there.

My little guy, this one little beard hair, has turned into sort of a pet. Like I say - I do a S. Freud imitation when it's there, stroking my chin...  Someone once suggested electrolysis, but that seems so damn severe. And besides, doesn't that hurt? Burn? Something?

What does all this have to do with gratitude? Well first off my nipples, thank the Lord, are free and clear. Yay me! Second of all... I only have a group of one... one lovely, little beard hair. A solo act. I'm very grateful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment