Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August 18 .. sorta bittersweet I guess...

So I did a big cycle today, easily 45K. It was great. Wasn't arduous.. seriously Ireland really did a number on me! So I cycled out to my girlfriend' s in Pointe Claire. Dinner plans didn't pan out for no real reason - totally fine. I get on my bike to go home. I have a major hypoglycemic something or other.. and you know what so big deal (that's the inner critic looking for an excuse for what follows). Stay with me. I decide, based on the sugar drop, I really would like to stop at the St. Ambroise brewery - they have nice pints and a BBQ, how wrong could anyone go with that? For whatever reason, sometimes for no real reason, sometimes for no good reason, all these years we have been cycling that path, we never stopped - couldn't, wouldn't, shouldn't - in the end didn't.

The things you do when you are alone are different I guess. I stopped. I LOVED it. Never has a pint and those Tostito chips they throw in with the sausage sandwich ever tasted SO good! I didn't feel bad being alone either. And no, that does not mean it would have sucked had "someone" been with me. What I am saying is - is that being alone was perfectly lovely, the ambiance was perfectly lovely, the food and the vibe and I, were perfectly lovely. 

Personally - I find that kind of bittersweet. 

I'm grateful for my strength, my body's endurance, St. Ambroise Cream Ale, my perseverance, my self, endorphins, the cycle, the weather .. it was a perfect night. 

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, I could go for one of those right now. Too bad I'm at work.

    ReplyDelete