Friday, September 10, 2010

September 10... summertime

I'm feeling grateful for the summer we had. Yesterday was our first official "cold" day. Hardly cold really - but a real switch from the hot, muggy temperatures we've been having. And again, after the last two summers - which were dreary at best, this year was amazing. We're spending time with friends on the weekend, on a lake, last of that for the year I'm sure. Our time is moving from kayaking, to pickling; from cycling to harvesting; from lazing on the deck, to chopping wood. My garden, which wasn't really a resounding success this year, is also winding down. We had one Spaghetti Squash - one! That's all the squirrels let me have. I'm grateful for that! It was awesome growing such a big vegetable! The weekends going forward will all involve some form of battening down the hatches for the winter - ugh. I shouldn't say that - my favourite season is fall.  I love the crisp air, wearing sweaters, the smell of falling leaves. I'm getting ahead of myself though. Let's enjoy what we can of what is left of our summer.

Given that, I would be ok with a killing frost - someone, get rid of the Ragweed!!

Happy Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment