Tuesday, September 14, 2010

September 14 ... community and commitment

Three years ago in May, I had begun, at long last, a journey to lose weight. I'm a lover of bread, cheese, and nuts - all really healthy, all really fattening - in the quantities I was eating them in! That's the biggest, most important thing I learned with Weight Watchers, to watch what I eat. I also learned that I don't have to eat until I can't move, that pain does not equal "sated", that more is not better. I did the online version. I liked it and it worked. Some 20 - 25 pounds lighter - I felt I had reached my goal. I was able to stay that way for the better part of two and a half years.

Well I'm here to tell you pound-creep has set it!! I'm back on the plan and glad of it. It requires a commitment to yourself to maintain a weight once you've achieved it. Sometimes you, I, forget that. So here is to re-committing.  WW offers a community of people all striving for the same thing - to be wise about our choices. The people on the "Boards" are friendly and supportive - and until I rejoined yesterday I had forgotten how lovely it was to have all the "cheering on" coming my way.

I'm grateful for the community, grateful for the support, grateful for my commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment