Sunday, September 26, 2010

September 26 .... reflections

I have been in a strange little space lately. Reflecting on life and all... appreciating how more and more it's about connecting, relationships, reaching out .... really appreciating that.

Last night we went to a 50th birthday party - that's the third 50 I'm celebrating this year!! That's what being a part of a demographic group is like I guess. It has given me the chance to look around - survey as it were the consequences, good or bad, of the choices I have made in my life. Going forward, there are other 50 birthdays coming up - my own included. Seems to me you have no choice but to reflect. Last night I wrote in my friend's card, "from high school to 50 in the blink of an eye" - and despite all the living that has been done in the interval, it really does feel that way. And sadly, I don't see any signs of "time flying by" slowing down. Know what I mean?

I don't want this blog to seem the least bit morose. Truth be told - some of that looking around and surveying, has me feeling pretty grateful as a matter of fact. Plenty grateful. Sometimes my life reads like a Carol Shields novel - and I'm ok with that. I'm very much ok with where I am at. I am ok with how I have weathered the storms, I'm ok with who I am. That's a lot to say don't you think? That't a lot to be grateful for. It's a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment