Wednesday, September 8, 2010

September 8 ... honouring your inner control freak...

To all my Jewish friends and family - Happy New Year.

9 years ago when Honey and I moved into this house, we accepted and assumed the responsibility of hosting two dinners a year for his family, Passover and Rosh Hashana. This has meant having a sit down dinner for as many as 21 and as little as 10 people. Either way ...  it's a cooking day for me. In the end we've done more - hosting summer parties, anniversary and birthday parties. I kind of love doing this. Today, even though lovely young cousin is coming to help, I have done the lion's share of preparing and cooking. I recognized that I "needed" it to be that way. I feel comfortable now - at three in the afternoon, knowing what lies ahead of me. I like knowing what's left. I like taking charge and having it my way. I like that the napkins are just so, or the honey pot is in the middle of the table, not at the side. I like that the knife blades are turned inward not out... what can I say, I'm honouring my inner control freak.

It works!

And to those family members that are far and wide away..... we will miss you tonight. I hope your year going forward is filled with health and love.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment