Monday, October 25, 2010

October 25 ...contemplation..

I miss my daily contemplation of gratitude. I used to walk around, back and forth to my office let's say, and contemplate what to be grateful for. I used to think of things and say to myself, there is something to put in the blog. I haven't been doing that lately. It's as though the blog has slowly been slipping from my consciousness. It isn't that I'm less grateful, or not grateful ... but I find myself less conscious of it. I think that's a bad thing. I also wonder - is that the same process that damages relationships, that the thought and act of loving slips from one's consciousness, it no longer is an active verb - but a passive backdrop to whatever else is going on? I think that's sad too.

It takes energy to love. It takes energy to be grateful, to exercise, to take care of yourself, to reach out, to act, to appreciate, to acknowledge, to connect. It takes energy to think and be and do. It takes energy to be a wife, mother, daughter, friend ... teacher, student... you name it. It takes energy to create, paint, play, throw clay.

It takes a wish to invest, in yourself, in those around you, in those you love.

I choose to invest.

No comments:

Post a Comment